Routine Lab Testing
As a Naturopathic Doctor, I have the ability to requisition a wide variety of laboratory tests. I do not perform blood draws in house, however I will give you a requisition to take to a local LifeLabs and they will perform the test for you. Results are generally received within 48-72 hours. I will interpret these results and discuss them with you so that you understand what they mean and what’s happening in your body. I use these laboratory tests to determine how the various systems in your body are functioning and how to proceed with treatment. They are also used to track your progress over time and to determine dosing of various vitamins, minerals and other supplements.
What tests can Naturopathic Doctors run?
Common laboratory tests include:
· Complete Blood Count (CBC)
· Lipid Panel (total cholesterol, HDL, LDL, Triglycerides)
· Thyroid Panel (TSH, T3, T4, reverse T3, thyroid antibodies)
· Vitamin B12
· Vitamin D
· Ferritin (stored iron levels)
· Diabetic panels (random blood glucose, fasting blood glucose, HbA1c)
· Liver function tests (AST, ALT, GGT)
· Kidney function tests (eGFR, creatinine)